Impact, Purpose, Belonging
We imagine a world where every organization is confident their workforce has the knowledge, skills, and judgment to stand up to cyber threats. This is Cyber Workforce Resilience.
Life at Immersive
Everything we do is guided by our four core values: Drive, Inclusivity, Customer Obsessed, and One team.
We’re a team of innovators growing rapidly and leaving a trail of disruption behind us. We’re passionate about supporting our customers as they continuously assess, build, and prove their Cyber Workforce Resilience. Our values exist as a framework to help us support and empower each other, because we know that when we feel accepted, included, and happy at work, we can be our best. This is life at Immersive Labs.
We are innovators and market-creators, constantly moving forward to achieve results in support of our mission.
- We have a bias to action, determined and focused, we don’t wait for the perfect plan to act.
- We prioritize and set challenging goals to deliver ambitious outcomes.
- We’re resilient and accept that change and the occasional failure are inevitable on the way to success.
We are passionate about creating an environment of inclusion and respect for our teammates, customers, and partners, where everyone has opportunities to thrive.
- We build diverse teams of people and seek to understand a wider perspective.
- We don’t shy away from conversations or topics that make us uncomfortable.
- We demonstrate empathy and treat everyone with respect ensuring we all have a sense of belonging.
We seek to develop deep relationships with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes.
- We’re easy to do business with. We balance the market needs of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
- We innovate in service of our customer needs, seeking feedback and data to ensure we deliver long-term value.
- We build strategic lasting relationships based on trust and integrity.
We are a talented global team working together to achieve our vision.
- We proactively break down silos and build relationships outside our immediate team.
- We are accountable. We contribute ideas, expertise, and knowledge.
- We take time to recognize and celebrate success knowing we depend on one-another to succeed.
Our values are the pillars on which our culture is built. To ensure they continue to be an authentic reflection of who we are and who we aspire to be as a business, any changes we make to them are done with input from the whole business (yes, everyone!). Two have remained constant – Drive and Inclusivity. Two have grown with us over the last five years of our journey – Customer Obsessed and One Team.
What it’s like
to work at Immersive Labs
When people ask what it’s like to work at Immersive Labs you’ll usually hear the same few sentiments:
Everyone is free to share their ideas, information and knowledge, whether they’re a new joiner or the CEO. Transparency is what has helped us get this far, and we know it’ll empower us to all drive towards the same goal.
We’re all about moving fast and getting the job done. No two days are the same: there’s always something new to learn, create and achieve. There’s a reason agility is one of our values!
Energetic and passionate
From our very first days all the way through to our Series C investment and beyond, the thing that has kept us going is our passion for what we do. We thrive in a busy, energetic environment – even if we’re working remotely!
Empowered to work autonomously
We work on trust and mutual responsibility, a principle that guided us through the transition to a remote workforce during the pandemic. Micromanagement just isn’t in our nature.
Diverse perspectives are celebrated
Only through diverse opinions, perspectives and experiences can we hope to build something that’s truly going to change the world of cybersecurity forever. We empower and celebrate every voice in our team.
Employees are treated like people
We’re more than our work. We believe in fostering a strong work/life balance by facilitating remote and flexible working – and leaving the old 9-5 firmly in the past.
It’s not all about work
As the creators of a platform that’s built on gamification, we believe play is a vital part of learning and self-development. See what we’ve been playing recently.
Adapting to new world
We don’t need to tell you that 2020 was a transformative year for everyone. Read our Response to COVID to discover how we adapted as a company.
The power of community
We believe in giving back. See how we’ve been working with communities in Bristol, Boston and technology as a whole to inspire the next generation of innovators.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to increasing diversity in cybersecurity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. See what our recent Diversity, Equity & Inclusion survey has shown and what we are doing to improve.
Our products enable the humans in cybersecurity to keep their organizations safer from the latest threats. We want our culture to provide a safe space, enabling everyone to be their authentic selves when arriving at work every day. At Immersive Labs, we have 5 key objectives to help us ensure this:
- Every single employee of Immersive Labs should feel safe to be themselves. We want a culture of belonging. This is not somewhere you come to ‘fit in’, this is somewhere you can thrive and be your authentic self.
- We will champion diversity and inclusion not just in Immersive Labs but the wider cybersecurity industry.
We want a demographic balance that reflects the countries and areas we operate in.
- We all have a role to play in making sure everyone feels like they belong.
- We want people to feel safe to speak up if they witness/experience any behaviours which does not exemplify this.
- We will always come from a place of respect when interacting with people who have different beliefs from our own.
The Power of Community
We care about the environment, and we’re committed to improving the communities we’re involved in, both locally and globally.
Digital Cyber Academy
Students, military veterans and members of the neurodiverse community can gain free access to our platform via our Digital Cyber Academies, which exist to help identify new talent based on real skills, not degrees or certifications. Our enterprise customers and sponsors advertise jobs via our browser-based platform to hire without bias, helping to increase diversity within their organizations. Discover our Digital Cyber Academies.
In 2019 and 2020, we offset 100 tons of CO2 – that’s our entire carbon footprint.
Everyone in the company gets a day to volunteer each year. To date 200 volunteer days have been used to contribute to community projects including:
Bristol charity Ignite Life: which help support vulnerable children and young people who have been excluded from society
Brunel Care – Bringing some cheer to the elderly in Bristol
We match charity donations raised by staff, with $5,200 raised in 2020, and we sponsor local tech groups like BristolJS and Girls Who Code.