Join a driven team changing the face of cybersecurity
Be part of an empathetic and respectful culture where everyone feels a strong sense of belonging
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills
We are accountable. We contribute ideas, expertise and knowledge
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs is the leader in people-centric cyber resilience. We help organizations continuously assess, build, and prove their cyber workforce resilience for teams across the entire organization, from front-line cybersecurity and development teams to Board-level executives. We provide realistic simulations and hands-on cybersecurity labs to evaluate individual and team capabilities and decision-making against the latest threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally, announced funding of more than £150 million and been voted a Best place to work for the last 3 years running! We are trusted by the world’s largest organizations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimize the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Lead Blue Team Engineer
Do you have a background as a SOC or Incident Response Lead? Want to utilize your expertise to create realistic Defensive content to train clients around the world, whilst deepening your own knowledge around the latest threats and attack techniques?
Then we want you to join our Cyber Content team as a Lead Blue Team Engineer.
In this role, you will be a key member of our internal Blue Team content team, leading on the creation of Defensive Security labs and research that our community and customers will devour.
You will utilize your experience in the Defensive side of Cyber Security to identify and research threats, vulnerabilities, techniques and indicators of compromise to develop and improve labs and challenges on the Immersive Labs platform in order to train cyber security professionals across the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for developing a truly ground breaking product. If you want to have a large impact and contribute more than just your time, this could be the role for you - we value determination, ingenuity, collaboration and an understanding that unique products require unique technical solutions.
See what you could be building by trying out some labs here: https://community.immersivelabs.online/register
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time which allows you to pursue personal projects and research or collaborate with your peers to innovate and have fun doing it!
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Develop innovative and industry leading Defensive content, spanning the spectrum from Digital Forensics and Incident Response through to vendor tool deployment in the SIEM
- Understand the learning process for Defensive Security professionals to challenge and teach themselves through Immersive labs and produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods including theory, technical exercises, and hands on practical lab environments
- Research vulnerabilities, tools and defensive tactics and compile this research to deliver practical and theory labs to users
- Compile technical research into understandable concise content for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Cooperate with the Product Team to ensure the platform supports the latest ideas and innovation
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Experience working in DFIR, as a SOC Lead or as a Threat Hunter
- In-depth knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it is used to help enterprises deal with threats to their organisation.
- Have a strong technical understanding of networking, computing and cyber security
- Interest in writing theory and online learning content about IT/Computing and Cyber
- Have the ability to use examples and analogies to simplify complex subjects
- Familiarity with Linux, Docker and Python would be beneficial
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Driven - We are innovators and market-creators, constantly moving forward to achieve results in support of our mission.
- Inclusive - We are passionate about creating an environment of inclusion and respect for our employees, customers and partners, everyone has opportunities to thrive.
- Customer Obsessed - We seek to develop deep relationships with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes.
- One Team - We are a talented global team working together to achieve our vision.
If you would like to read more about what you can expect from our recruitment process, you can visit our dedicated interview process page.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit the UK hub, getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.