Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK
Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs is the leader in people-centric cyber resilience. We help organizations continuously assess, build, and prove their cyber workforce resilience for teams across the entire organization, from front-line cybersecurity and development teams to Board-level executives. We provide realistic simulations and hands-on cybersecurity labs to evaluate individual and team capabilities and decision-making against the latest threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally, announced funding of more than £150 million and been voted a Best place to work for the last 3 years running! We are trusted by the world’s largest organizations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimize the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Do you have experience building attractive and functional websites? Would you like to influence the back-end and front-end development roadmap of a rapidly scaling cybersecurity company?
Then we have just the opportunity for you to join us here at Immersive Labs as a WordPress Developer
You’ll develop attractive and functional websites and tools for our marketing, sales, and people teams and work on projects such as the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
In this role, you'll work closely with our Senior Web Developer and our Senior Director of Web Marketing, so you’ll need to have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and great content management skills.
We're seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and agile WordPress Developer who can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications for our business
Sounds good? Read on to find out more about the role and our culture here at Immersive Labs!
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss website/project design and function.
- Collaborating on the ideation of wireframe concepts with the UX team.
- Building the website front-end from design specifications given by the Marketing team.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database, server integration and performance monitoring
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins and integrating third party tools and APIs as needed
- Implementing changes based on user test findings, website performance tests, and pen testing.
- Troubleshooting and support user issues as they arise conducting WordPress training with internal clients, as needed.
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Experience as a WordPress Developer with a good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics with aspiration to push skills further.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Collaborative approach across multiple teams and stakeholders and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment that builds on iteration and adaptability.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, SEO and the Google algorithm is also desirable but not essential
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Drive - We are innovators and market-creators, constantly moving forward to achieve results in support of our mission.
- Inclusive - We are passionate about creating an environment of inclusion and respect for our employees, customers and partners, everyone has opportunities to thrive.
- Customer Obsessed - We seek to develop deep relationships with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes.
- One Team - We are a talented global team working together to achieve our vision.
If you would like to read more about what you can expect from our recruitment process, you can visit our dedicated interview process page.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Level up your career with Immersive Labs. Apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.