Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture
We're a game-changing team building a game-changing platform
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs is the leader in people-centric cyber resilience. We help organisations continuously assess, build, and prove their cyber workforce resilience for teams across the entire organisation, from front-line cybersecurity and development teams to Board-level executives. We provide realistic simulations and hands-on cybersecurity labs to evaluate individual and team capabilities and decision-making against the latest threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally, announced funding of more than £150 million and been voted a Best place to work for the last 3 years running! We are trusted by the world’s largest organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Do you have a solid technical background with the skills to manage and motivate people, and to make change happen? Are you experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives in organisations of 300+ people?
Then look no further, as we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our IT & Operations team as IT Director, overseeing our internal IT functions across Immersive Labs.
In this leadership role, you’ll work collaboratively with employees at every level across the business to ensure that Immersive Labs has the right technology and processes in place globally to service the needs of our rapidly growing organisation.
You will work collaboratively across all business functions to provide strategic leadership making sure that our people have the right systems to keep them productive and secure. Working with your key partners in security and finance, you will implement IT solutions that service the needs of the business today and into the future.
If you’re passionate about solving the technical and business-change IT challenges that a rapidly growing hybrid workforce poses, then this could be the opportunity for you to step up and make a real lasting impact within a growing cyber organisation.
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Oversee technology operations across all business functions, ensuring that they deliver to usability, security and financial targets.
- Lead on IT change projects as required, ensuring they meet the desired outcomes
- Establish and lead on IT policies and systems to support the goals of the organisation
- Analyse, understand and anticipate the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs and ensure they drive your strategy
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality, security and cost-efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and ensure this is factored in to strategic planning
- Lead a team of Internal Support analysts to service colleagues across the globe
- Control budget and report on expenditure and assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Expertise in managing a Google Workspace estate and/or Microsoft 365 and (highly desirable) transitioning between them
- Experience in managing a mixed, distributed device estate; multiple OSses / device types
- Experience in managing core internal systems, including: MDM, asset management, EDR, compliance and privacy, antivirus, helpdesk / ticketing etc.
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Solid understanding of leading IT within a strong security-minded organisation and implementing and monitoring Iso27001, Cyber Essentials and SOC 2 controls.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Highly collaborative ways of working across multiple business functions
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Drive - We are innovators and market-creators, constantly moving forward to achieve results in support of our mission.
- Inclusive - We are passionate about creating an environment of inclusion and respect for our employees, customers and partners, everyone has opportunities to thrive.
- Customer Obsessed - We seek to develop deep relationships with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes
- One Team - We are a talented global team working together to achieve our vision.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Cyber threats wait for no one and neither should you. Apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.