Join the team changing the face of cybersecurity
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills
We’re all about agility, and always look for flexible, innovative responses to change
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs is the leader in people-centric cyber resilience. We help organisations continuously assess, build, and prove their cyber workforce resilience for teams across the entire organisation, from front-line cybersecurity and development teams to Board-level executives. We provide realistic simulations and hands-on cybersecurity labs to evaluate individual and team capabilities and decision-making against the latest threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally, announced funding of more than £150 million and been voted a Best place to work for the last 3 years running! We are trusted by the world’s largest organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Cyber Security Consultant - Technical Exercise Lead
We’re looking for a Cyber Security Consulant to join our growing Professional Services team and be our Technical Exercise Lead. This role is essential to our clients seeing the true value of the Immersive Labs platform.
As a Cyber Security Consultant you will have the responsibility to liaise with senior cyber leaders within large organisations to help shape their cyber operational strategy, cyber response skills and judgement in crisis situations. Utilising our world leading People-centric Cyber Resilience Platform, Technical Teams Simulator, Cyber Range and powerful reporting metrics, you will develop critical insights into our customer's technical cyber capabilities.
This will be key in assisting you to deliver expert-level consultancy services, advice and recommendations to Immersive Labs largest customers and the importance of upskilling their workforce to improve their cyber resilience.
You will be responsible for shaping the future of the Immersive Labs service offerings so your knowledge of how organisations - including their Security Operations teams and wider workforce - respond to a crisis or incident combined with collaboration with other Immersive Labs internal teams will provide you with the insight to create new services that will benefit our customers.
If you have a passion for cyber security and solving the skills gap across the cyber security market through a skills development program with FTSE 250 companies then we want to hear from you!
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Collaborate with our customers and deliver world class cyber consultancy services and cyber teams exercises focussed on defensive/offensive technical cyber skills and detection engineering testing aligned to customer’s objectives and cyber frameworks across their workforce.
- Utilise your technical hands-on cyber abilities and consultancy experience to discover the customer’s technical cyber workforce needs via in-depth discovery sessions. This will enable you to design and develop services that impact their cyber operational resilience.
- Highlight the amazing power of the full Immersive Labs platform’s functions and insights to recommend improvements and further upskilling.
- Use your expertise tol design, develop, and deliver real-world scenario cyber teams simulations to increase technical cyber operational capabilities and drive the frequency of cyber team exercising.
- Immerse yourself in the cybersecurity community to remain up to date on evolving threats, trends and new technologies.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to define learning and development objectives, content, instructional strategies, and assessment methods to serve as the voice of the customer and influence innovation across our Professional Services and SaaS products.
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Expertise and experience in cyber operations including security analysis, incident response and penetration testing in large enterprise organisations.
- Consultancy experience with a focus on Cybersecurity.
- Proven experience in a customer facing role, consulting with multiple points of contact within a large enterprise customer.
- Detailed knowledge of information security concepts, domains, compliances, and standards and an understanding of how and why these should be applied.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with demonstrated ability to build relationships across all levels of an organisation
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Driven - We are innovators and market-creators, constantly moving forward to achieve results in support of our mission.
- Inclusive - We are passionate about creating an environment of inclusion and respect for our employees, customers and partners, everyone has opportunities to thrive.
- Customer Obsessed - We seek to develop deep relationships with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes.
- One Team - We are a talented global team working together to achieve our vision
If you would like to read more about what you can expect from our recruitment process, you can visit our dedicated interview process page.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.