Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture
We're a game-changing team building a game-changing platform
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs is the leader in people-centric cyber resilience. We help organisations continuously assess, build, and prove their cyber workforce resilience for teams across the entire organisation, from front-line cybersecurity and development teams to Board-level executives. We provide realistic simulations and hands-on cybersecurity labs to evaluate individual and team capabilities and decision-making against the latest threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally, announced funding of more than £80 million and been voted a Best place to work for the last 3 years running! We are trusted by the world’s largest organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Copy writer / editor - Junior
Do you have a passion for the written word? Does the very thought of a typo keep you up at night?
Then look no further, as we have an exciting opportunity for you to join us here at Immersive Labs as a Junior Copy editor based out of our Bristol HQ.
Immersive Labs has grown quickly, fueled by demand for our cybersecurity training platform so you’ll have great organisational skills and be pretty agile – our fast-paced team and threat response content mean priorities can change by the hour.
As a Copy editor, you’ll proofread and edit new and existing technical content and blogs on our platform including translating technical cybersecurity jargon into easy-to-understand copy. You'll also be a whizz at adapting your tone of voice to different audiences, and know why this is important. Bonus points if you have a technical background or an interest in geopolitics, technology, or cybersecurity.
If you have excellent writing skills, a love of grammar and editing, and a passion for quality content what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Proofread and edit technical content (including product, marketing, and platform microcopy)
- Edit to a consistent, on-brand tone of voice
- Respond to urgent content editing requests to support the wider business needs
- Write blog posts on cybersecurity
- Help the quality team to review and improve processes
- Support the customer success team with email comms (where required)
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Some professional experience in copywriting or sub editing or alternatively are degree educated in a relevant subject such as English Language, English Literature or Journalism
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and can display a portfolio of well-written content
- Have a genuine love of grammar and a keen interest in written content – you consider fixing typos a pleasure, not a chore
- Are able to write to suit different audiences
- Be able to work under pressure, and prioritize responsibilities
- Have a driven work ethic and desire to learn about technology and cybersecurity
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - We contribute ideas to decision making, are open-minded and respectful of our colleagues supporting one another, valuing each others beliefs so we can celebrate each other’s successes.
- Driven - We continuously improve on who we are and what we do, being unafraid to explore our curiosity we take ownership and pride in our work setting goals, learning from our experiences and focusing on development.
- Agile - We adapt quickly to change, embracing organizational challenges we analyze our environment to consider different approaches, managing ambiguity and making timely effective decisions.
What you can expect once you apply:
- Our talent acquisition team review all applications received which can take up to two weeks to complete
- If successful, you will receive an invite from a Talent Acquisition Partner to a screening interview which takes around 30 minutes to discuss the role, culture at Immersive Labs and your expertise in more detail
- If you progress from this step there will be 2 interviews involving the Hiring Manager and a member of our Cyber Content team. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will outline each step when you get there
- If at any point you are unsuccessful we will advise you. From application we do this via email and due to volumes we can not respond individually to every applicant. From 1st Interview onward, we endeavour to call you with feedback.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Cyber threats wait for no one and neither should you. Apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.