Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture.
We’re all about agility, and always look for flexible, innovative responses to change
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs is the leader in people-centric cyber resilience. We help organizations continuously assess, build, and prove their cyber workforce resilience for teams across the entire organization, from front-line cybersecurity and development teams to Board-level executives. We provide realistic simulations and hands-on cybersecurity labs to evaluate individual and team capabilities and decision-making against the latest threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017 from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees, announced funding of more than $120 million and been voted a Best place to work for the last 3 years running! We are trusted by the world’s largest organizations Citi, Pfizer and Humana to measure, map to risk, and optimize the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Senior WordPress Developer
Do you have experience building attractive and functional websites? Would you like to influence the back-end and front-end development roadmap of a rapidly scaling cybersecurity company?
Then we have just the opportunity for you here at Immersive Labs to be a Senior WordPress Developer working in our Web Marketing team.
You’ll develop attractive and functional websites and tools for our marketing, sales, and people teams. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation and from-scratch development of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
Reporting into our Senior Director of Web Marketing and working closely with the Web Developer, you’ll need to have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills.
We're seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and agile WordPress Developer who can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications for our business
Sounds good? Read on to find out more about the role and our culture here at Immersive Labs!
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss website/project design and function.
- Collaborating on the ideation of wireframe concepts with the UX team.
- Building the website front-end from design specifications given by the Marketing team.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database, server integration and performance monitoring
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins and integrating third party tools and APIs as needed
- Implementing changes based on user test findings, website performance tests, and pen testing.
- Troubleshooting and support user issues as they arise conducting WordPress training with internal clients, as needed.
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Expertise as a Full Stack Developer with specific expertise and love for WordPress and a good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics with aspiration to push skills further.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Collaborative approach across multiple teams and stakeholders and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment that builds on iteration and adaptability.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, SEO and the Google algorithm
- Ability to work with various stakeholders on Zoom and in person both within the org at Immersive Labs as well as with collaborators and consultants from outside the org.
- Experience with Figma or Adobe XD required.
- Working knowledge of Hubspot form integration into WordPress.
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - We contribute ideas to the decision making process
- Driven - We set personal goals, learn from our experiences and focus on development
- Agile - We manage ambiguity, making timely and effective decisions
What you can expect once you apply:
- Our talent acquisition team review all applications received which can take up to two weeks to complete
- If successful, you will receive an invite from a Talent Acquisition Partner to a screening interview which takes around 30 minutes to discuss the role, culture at Immersive Labs and your expertise in more detail
- If you progress from this step there will be 2 interviews involving the Hiring Manager and a senior member of the Marketing Team. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will outline each step when you get there
- If at any point you are unsuccessful we will advise you. From application we do this via email and due to volumes we can not respond individually to every applicant. From 1st Interview onward, we endeavour to call you with feedback.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Look after you and your family with Health, Dental and Disability insurance; fully paid sick leave and mental health support
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when and where is best for you, including 33 days holiday, 12 weeks enhanced parental leave, 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Save for the future with contribution matched 401K, and rewards and recognition for your successes
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- While most of the team are fully remote, when you do visit, our North American HQ is based in the centre of Boston, just a 10 minute walk from Back Bay train station
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from cake competitions, to movie nights and escape rooms
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.