Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
Join a driven team changing the face of cybersecurity.
We love a challenge and are quick to adapt.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs enables organizations to evidence their cyber capability, risk and resilience across technical and non-technical teams for the first time. Our platform gives you the ability to measure real-time cyber efficacy as it relates to cyber teams, developers, engineers and executives. All in one platform, kept up to date at the speed of cyber. We call this Cyber Workforce Optimization.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017 from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees, and announced funding of more than $120 million. Our technology is already enabling organizations including KPMG, Sophos and Airbnb to measure, map to risk, and optimize the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
As a Cyber Range Solutions Engineer within our Professional Services team, you will get to play a massive role in the future success of Immersive Labs by working with our customers to define and implement innovative solutions. You will contribute new ideas and take the lead in helping improve the way we deliver services as we scale, working alongside a world-class team of Engineers and Cyber Security content professionals.
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
You'll get to immerse yourself in modern tech stacks such as Node.js and React, along with cloud-native technologies in AWS such as Lambda and DynamoDB. We want to give you a place where we will learn from each other as you get involved in the following types of activities:
- Design and architect complex computer networks for testing, training and other Cyber Range use cases using the Snap Labs (https://snaplabs.io/) platform.
- Make one-off customizations to customer Cyber Ranges through directly interacting with the AWS console.
- Install and configure security tools and applications in a way that maximizes their effectiveness.
- Inspect and diagnose Cyber Range components for networking, system administration, and technology-related issues. Utilize a variety of technical methods to troubleshoot these issues.
- Architect Cyber Range scenarios to include MITRE ATT&CK tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Experience working with Customers to gather technical requirements and being able to transform customer requirements into technical design requirements.
- Hands-on experience with AWS and other virtualization technologies
- Experience with cloud software and technologies such as API, software integration, and data protection in cloud scenarios (certificates, PKI, encryption, TLS)
- 5+ years of experience running and maintaining complex enterprise IT systems
- 5+ years of experience deploying, operating, and configuring Windows and/or Linux systems
- 2+ years of experience with a scripting language such as Python or PowerShell; Functional Regex a plus
- Practical knowledge of and experience with computer networking principles (OSI layers, Firewalls, VLANs, and VPNs); implementation and configuration thereof
- Practical knowledge of cyber security tools (SIEM, Proxy, AV, EDR, DLP, Forensics); implementation and configuration thereof
- Experience with configuration management tools (such as puppet, ansible)
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fueled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - We are open-minded and respectful of our colleagues
- Driven - Continuously improving on who we are and what we do
- Agile - We manage ambiguity, making timely and effective decisions
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Look after you and your family with Health, Dental and Disability insurance; fully paid sick leave and mental health support.
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when and where is best for you, including 33 days holiday, 12 weeks enhanced parental leave, volunteering days, birthday half day
- Save for the future with contribution matched 401K, and rewards and recognition for your successes
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviors
- While most of the team are fully remote, when you do visit, our North American HQ is based in the center of Boston, just a 10 minute walk from Back Bay train station.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from cake competitions, to movie nights and escape rooms.
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Level up your career with Immersive Labs. Apply now!