We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
We’re all about agility, and always look for flexible, innovative responses to change
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs enables organizations to evidence their cyber capability, risk and resilience across technical and non-technical teams for the first time. Our platform gives you the ability to measure real-time cyber efficacy as it relates to cyber teams, developers, engineers and executives. All in one platform, kept up to date at the speed of cyber. We call this Cyber Workforce Optimization.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already enabling organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Due to unprecedented growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Cyber Workforce Equipping Consultant to join our fast growing Content Engineering team.
Our mission is to evolve and disrupt the classic cyber workforce awareness into a more pro-active and modern workforce equipping mindset, giving every employee the toolkit they need to navigate the fast-changing cyber landscape.
We seek to gamify workforce equipping and make it more engaging and fun for the end user.
We want to shake up traditional training and teach complex concepts in an innovative way
If you have an interest in and passion for cyber security, understand the area of end user awareness, and would enjoy teaching what every employee needs to know about cyber we want to hear from you.
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Design and build out a curriculum of content that organisations can use to replace mandatory cyber training
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product & Cyber teams to learn how to create labs and content
- Researching cybersecurity, technology and technical concepts to understand the learnings, and translate to a non-technical audience
- Formulate and execute a disruptive and radical approach to cyber workforce equipping that will engage our clientbase
- Collaborating on exercises & content creation based upon research
- You will take complex concepts and teach them in a simple and engaging way to a varied audience
- Produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods; written, exercises, questions, gamification
To be successful (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
Essentially if you like the sound of what we’re doing and have a passion for cyber security we want to hear from you.
- Have a good understanding of networking and computing
- A good understanding of Cyber Security - you will have worked as a learning professional or instructor ideally
- Knowledge of use of gamification and game creation and its use in education
- Clear, accurate and articulate English writing skills - you're confident presenting to and engaging with technical and non-tech audiences
- Understand how people do cyber workforce awareness right now, what the flaws are and strive to disrupt this
- Engaging personality - you're passionate about cyber security and an advocate for better training
- Be able to write technical content in simple, non-technical language
- Can 'tell a story' through technology - if you've created gamified e-learning material before then that's a bonus
- Ability to work well as part of a team
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Cyber threats wait for no one and neither should you. Apply now!