Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK.
Receive supportive mentoring and onboarding to set you up for success.
We're welcoming new people to the team every week to keep up with our exceptional growth.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs enables organizations to evidence their cyber capability, risk and resilience across technical and non-technical teams for the first time. Our platform gives you the ability to measure real-time cyber efficacy as it relates to cyber teams, developers, engineers and executives. All in one platform, kept up to date at the speed of cyber. We call this Cyber Workforce Optimization.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already enabling organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Due to unprecedented growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior AppSec Specialist to join our fast growing Content Engineering team.
Secure Coding is an exciting addition to our market-leading platform that teaches developers how to write secure code. We are creating labs that take our users from the basics of writing a secure application avoiding the standard OWASP pitfalls through to building secure public cloud-hosted web apps.
In this role, you will be a key member of ourl Application Security content team, helping to deliver on our Secure Coding roadmap of content and research that our community and partners will devour.
This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for developing a truly ground breaking product. If you want to have a large impact and contribute more than just your time, this could be the role for you - we value determination, ingenuity, collaboration and an understanding that unique products require unique technical solutions.
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time that allows you to pursue personal projects and research or collaborate with your peers to innovate and have fun doing it!
Your main responsibilities:
- Help develop a set of resources to help users understand the vulnerabilities for each lab and how to mitigate them
- Help develop an automated set of tests that can verify that the user has fixed a given vulnerability
- Understand the learning process for software developers to challenge and teach them through Immersive Labs
To be successful:
- Software Development knowledge of backend web development technologies such as Python, Ruby, Node, PHP, or Java
- Desire and passion to learn about secure coding practices
- Interest in writing theory and online learning content about programming, secure coding, IT/Computing and/or Cyber would be an advantage
- Any experience developing in other languages would be beneficial
- An understanding of the OWASP Top 10 Web application risks would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Linux and Docker
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- We contribute ideas to the decision making process
- We set personal goals, learn from our experiences and focus on development
- We manage ambiguity, making timely and effective decisions
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Level up cyber workforces around the world, click apply to find out more.