Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
We strive to continuously improve on who we are and what we do.
We're welcoming new people to the team every week to keep up with our exceptional growth.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 300 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is a new opportunity to join the Experience Design team as a UX Research Assistant. You’ll be helping to create time for our UX Researchers to focus on business critical tasks, by taking responsibility for the logistical side of organising research projects.
Reporting to our Senior UX Researcher and working closely with our Director of Experience Design; you’ll be a key part of the team making sure that all research runs smoothly and in return you will be provided with the opportunity to learn and develop into a UX Researcher. This is essentially an amazing chance to start your career in user research.
If you are intrigued by our culture and eager to work with a team of iterative, globally-based colleagues who have varying viewpoints and you are excited about elevating the team around you to do business critical work. We will welcome your different points of view and appreciate your ideas and contributions.
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
The purpose of this role is to take on the logistic responsibilities in the user research team and will include:
- Scheduling external research sessions (playing calendar tetris, speaking with participants and third party providers)
- Working across various teams to pull together internal research sessions
- Setting up documents
- Creating logins
- Being able to react to schedule changes
- Ensuring people have a positive experience of Immersive Labs
- Managing incentives for participants
To be successful (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- You’ll love making lists and will get a lot of motivation from seeing things through to completion
- Amazing time management skills
- High empathy to understand how to ensure every participant is well briefed, prepared and comes away with a positive impression of Immersive Labs
- You’ll love contributing to other people's success, you’ll relish taking tasks from your team to help them do the essential parts of their role
- You will be looking to start your career in user research and will be given lots of opportunities to learn and develop, so you will love learning and will immerse yourself into the team for 12-24 months before looking to take your next career step
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - We support one another and celebrate each other’s successes
- Driven - We set personal goals, learn from our experiences and focus on development
- Agile - We analyse our environment and consider different approaches
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons, pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!