Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
We strive to continuously improve on who we are and what we do.
We’re all about agility, and always look for flexible, innovative responses to change.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 280 employees globally and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already enabling organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Due to unprecedented growth we seek an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead one of our engineering teams into an exciting time of evolution for our company. This role will contribute massively towards this future success, not just of our products but of our engineering teams. You could be instrumental in shaping the future careers of a talented and passionate team of Immersers, and that’s a pretty impressive legacy to leave behind.
We’ve grown at such a pace, and that doesn’t appear to be changing any time soon. We want to be THE place to go for Cyber Workforce Optimization.
If you have an interest in and passion for the AWS platform, background in leading and shaping Engineering teams, helping people reach their full potential and flourish within a technical environment then we would love to have you on board as we enter an exciting next phase of our growth.
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead one or more Engineering teams as part of the platform delivery
- Accountable for the delivery of reliable, scalable, secure code within the production environment that adheres to our coding standards and quality expectations
- Involved in defining engineering / technical strategy and team strategy, including onboarding of new hires, defining objectives, training programs, personal development matrix, and identification of skills gaps
- Own and drive cross-team, high-impact projects
- Work closely with the people team to ensure we recruit the best possible talent to create high-performing teams
- Coach and mentor the team, supporting their personal development and helping them achieve their career aspirations
- Create a high performance culture and ensure a continuous improvement mindset
- Communicate company vision / direction to the team and work with key stakeholders to prioritise and focus the team on business critical activities
To be successful:
- You may have got the gist from above, but leadership is crucial to this role and therefore you will come with extensive experience and have a passion for leading individuals and teams to continuously improve
- You will love seeing others achieve and deliver on their objectives
- Have engineering experience across a broad a range of technologies
- Be familiar with cloud computing, ideally with experience in AWS
- Experienced with agile methodologies
- You are a natural communicator and approachable
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - Valuing different opinions and beliefs
- Driven - We set personal goals, learn from our experiences and focus on development
- Agile - We manage ambiguity, making timely and effective decisions
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons, pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!