We love a challenge and are quick to adapt
We strive to continuously improve on who we are and what we do.
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs enables organizations to evidence their cyber capability, risk and resilience across technical and non-technical teams for the first time. Our platform gives you the ability to measure real-time cyber efficacy as it relates to cyber teams, developers, engineers and executives. All in one platform, kept up to date at the speed of cyber. We call this Cyber Workforce Optimization.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already enabling organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Due to our phenomenal growth, we are seeking an experienced Back-end Engineer skilled in working within AWS & using Node.js. In this newly created position, you will get to play a massive role in the future success of Immersive Labs by defining and implementing innovative solutions. You will contribute new ideas and take the lead in helping improve the way we work as we scale, working alongside a world-class team of Engineers.
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and there will be plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and technologies. You will also get access to our cyber skills and secure coding platform, and on top of this, you will have a personal technical skills budget.
You will have an opportunity to join Trailblaze time which is a whole day once every 2 weeks to innovate and explore new tools and technologies.
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
You'll get to immerse yourself in a modern tech stack such as Node.js and React, along with cloud-native technologies in AWS such as Lambda and DynamoDB.
You'll join a small team within our SnapLabs division, responsible for building and running a modern serverless application which manages infrastructure for numerous customers. We want to give you a place where you'll learn from us and we'll learn from you through getting involved in the following:
- Design, build, and improve a serverless application running in AWS
- Formulate technical solutions from product requirements in collaboration with others to create a highly stable, secure, scalable and extensible platform
- Architect and implement scalable infrastructure solutions
- Identify performance bottlenecks and bugs in the code, and devise solutions to these problems to minimise customer impact
- Build and maintaining good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase by performing unit tests and integration tests
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Demonstrable and up-to-date knowledge of Node.js (experience with TypeScript would be an advantage)
- Experience creating and maintaining serverless applications with technologies such as AWS Lambda & DynamoDB
- Ability to provision and manage services in AWS using CloudFormation or similar Infrastructure-as-Code solutions such as Terraform
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind secure, scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of Git / GitHub
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fueled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - we create an environment of psychological safety
- Driven - we all have the same goal, to be a must have in every companies defence against cyber attacks
- Agile - we are a scaling organisation which means things change. Constantly.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Cyber threats wait for no one and neither should you. Apply now!
What you can expect once you apply:
- Our talent acquisition team review all applications received which can take up to two weeks to complete
- If successful, you will receive an invite from a Talent Acquisition Partner to a screening interview which takes around 30 minutes to discuss the role, culture at Immersive Labs and your expertise in more detail.
- If you progress from this step there will be a further 2 interviews involving the engineering and product team. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will outline each step when you get there
- If at any point you are unsuccessful we will advise you. From application we do this via email and due to volumes we can not respond individually to every applicant. From 1st Interview onward, we endevour to call you with feedback.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.