Collaborative people that create ingenious solutions
Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK
We love a challenge and are quick to adapt
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 290 employees in our Bristol & Boston locations and announced funding of more than $123 million. Our technology is already helping over 250 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Airbnb and Goldman Sachs, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
As a Senior Engineer you will get to play a massive role in the future success of Immersive Labs by defining and implementing innovative solutions. You will contribute new ideas and take the lead in helping improve the way we work as we scale, working alongside a world-class team of Engineers.
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on your own innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time.
Your main responsibilities:
You'll get to immerse yourself in a modern tech stack such as Node.js and React, along with cloud-native technologies in AWS such as Lambda and DynamoDB. We want to give you a place where you'll learn from us and we'll learn from you through getting involved in the following:
- Formulate technical solutions from product requirements in collaboration with others to create a highly stable, secure, scalable and extensible platform
- Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable and reliable codebase
- Maintain good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase by writing unit, integration and E2E tests
- Identify performance bottlenecks and bugs in the code, and devise solutions to these problems to minimise customer impact
- Translate technical language/concepts for non-technical individuals written and orally
- Be actively involved in all team ceremonies, 2-week sprints and retrospectives, working closely with product managers, engineering leadership and other disciplines
To be successful you will have (so please make sure it is on your CV):
- Experience with cloud-native / serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda & DynamoDB
- Ability to provision and manage infrastructure / services in AWS using CloudFormation or Terraform similar Infrastructure-as-Code solutions
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, including test automation suites
- Ability to work with relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind secure, scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of Git / GitHub
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - we create an environment of psychological safety
- Driven - we all have the same goal, to be a must have in every companies defence against cyber attacks
- Agile - we are a scaling organisation which means things change. Constantly.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Look after you and your family with Health, Dental and Disability insurance; fully paid sick leave and mental health support.
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when and where is best for you, including 33 days holiday, 12 weeks enhanced parental leave, volunteering days and birthday half day
- Save for the future with contribution matched 401K, and rewards and recognition for your successes
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviors
- While most of the team are fully remote, when you do visit, our North American HQ is based in the center of Boston, just a 10 minute walk from Back Bay train station.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons and cake competitions, to movie nights and escape rooms.
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.