Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture.
Get supportive mentoring and onboarding to set you up for success.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping over 250 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while over 3,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career as a Software Developer? We have a brand new role for a Associate Front-End Developer to join our growing Engineering team, reporting directly to Paul Thomas, our Engineering Manager.
As a Associate Developer, you’ll work to improve your knowledge of all things software by collaborating with some extremely talented individuals so you can contribute effectively to our complex, ever evolving codebase.
We expect you’ll have had some exposure to coding/development but not necessarily in a professional environment - eg. as a hobby, side job or via education - so you’ll be coached by an experienced developer to ensure you are correctly mentored and supported so that you have what you need to progress your career as a software engineer from the day you join us.
Whilst this is primarily a Front-End role, we appreciate early in your career you may not have a fully formed view of what direction you want to take your career, so you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the Back-End and other areas of our technical stack.
This will ensure you become a well rounded developer and could pursue other specialities if you find you enjoy them, we would fully support you in this!
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time.
Your main responsibilities (these are likely to evolve as we grow):
- Work alongside others in the team to help deliver on Product and Engineering requirements
- Strive for continuous improvement in how we work and deliver value to our customers
- Collaborate with our Quality Experts to deliver automated tests to ensure we have full confidence in the features we are releasing
- Take a structured approach to your continued learning and professional development
- Learn and then follow our Agile Ways of Working to deliver work in a coordinated and considerate manner
- Help ensure our code quality by feeding back on others work via our code review process
To be successful:
We do not require previous professional experience, but some knowledge and history of programming is essential - what is most important to us is your enthusiasm and drive to develop your skills and contribute to the ongoing success of our platform
- Be an active member of the tech community or have some evidence of passion for coding and development
- An interest in working in a product environment and taking a long term view to development of a platform
- Have excellent communication skills and enjoy being in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Have an aptitude for problem solving and a strong desire to work collaboratively as part of a team to deliver features on our product.
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - Valuing different opinions and beliefs. Collaborating with peers and feeding back to others to ensure our code quality
- Driven - Continuously improving on who we are and what we do. Exploring your curiosity through research and coming up with creative solutions
- Agile - Embracing organizational challenges. Being inventive and striving for continuous improvement of your coding knowledge
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons, pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!