Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organizations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees and announced funding of more than $120 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Airbnb and Goldman Sachs, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is a brand new role for a Senior Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) pecialist with expertise in FedRAMP and PCI-DSS to join the Content team reporting directly to Markis Duggan, our Principal for GRC Content.
Our mission is to evolve and disrupt the classic cyber GRC capability into a proactive and modern mindset, giving employees the toolkits that they need to navigate the fast-changing cyber landscape and employers the confidence that their workforce has the capability to respond.
You will be applying your expertise to create practical and theory content to gamify Governance, Risk, and Compliance and make it engaging and fun for the end user. You'll shake up traditional training and teach complex concepts in an innovative way.
If you have an interest in and passion for cyber security, understand the area of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (specifically FedRAMP), and want to disrupt how employees contribute to GRC capability for their industry we will appreciate your input and give you the space to innovate.
Your main responsibilities (these are likely to evolve as we grow):
- Researching GRC, cybersecurity, technology and technical concepts to understand and translate to a non-technical audience across firms.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product & Cyber teams to learn how to create labs and content.
- Create a disruptive and radical approach to the GRC workforce across multiple industries that will engage our client base
- Contribute to the build out of a curriculum of content that organizations can use to replace their current GRC education, training, and capability.
- You will take complex concepts and teach them in a simple and engaging way to a varied audience via multi-format content utilizing various teaching methods; written, exercises, questions and gamification.
- Use gamification and game creation to educate, 'telling stories' through technology - if you've created gamified e-learning material before then that's a bonus
To be successful:
If you like the sound of what we’re doing and have a passion for cyber security we want to hear from you
- Knowledge of key regulations and standards such as PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, HIPAA, FIMSA, GDPR, ISO27001, DISA APL, CMMC, NIST 800-53, Zero Trust
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following industries/areas:
- US Government cyber and information security
- Financial Services, particularly credit card transactions
- Clear, accurate and articulate English writing skills - you're confident presenting to and engaging with technical and non-tech audiences
- Understand how people do GRC awareness, implementation, execution, and remediation, what the flaws in current systems and processes are
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - Valuing different opinions and beliefs. Creating content that appeals to everyone in the organization
- Driven - Continuously improving on who we are and what we do. Exploring your curiosity through research
- Agile - Embracing organizational challenges. Being inventive and disrupting the current approach to GRC
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Look after you and your family with Health, Dental and Disability insurance; fully paid sick leave and mental health support.
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when and where is best for you, including 33 days holiday, 12 weeks enhanced parental leave, volunteering days, birthday half day
- Save for the future with contribution matched 401K, and rewards and recognition for your successes
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviors
- While most of the team are fully remote, when you do visit, our North American HQ is based in the center of Boston, just a 10 minute walk from Back Bay train station.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons and cake competitions, to movie nights and escape rooms.
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!