Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK.
We're welcoming new people to the team every week to keep up with our exceptional growth
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees, announced funding of more than £80 million and recently voted one of the 25 happiest places to work. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Data is one of the most critical parts of our roadmap and this is the chance to be the first Data Engineer at Immersive Labs. You’ll get to pick what tools and technologies are used, How to structure our data platform and have an impact across the whole business.
We are rapidly growing our data team as a result and we need you to take a lead on how we do data engineering. This will encompass MLOps, Real time data streaming and how we store and transfer data from source systems into our Snowflake instance.
If you are intrigued by our culture, eager to work with a team of iterative, globally based colleagues, love a mixture of investigating new techniques, setting strategy and being really hands on in our data platform and love being challenged then we will welcome your ideas to evidence human cyber capabilities.
Your main responsibilities (we’re scaling fast, so the below will change and evolve as we grow):
- Become the technical lead for all things related to the transfer, storage and consumption of data related to modelling at Immersive.
- Help to develop the strategic roadmap for the data tooling
- Lead on developing/implementing an ML OPs platform for our team of data scientists
- Be the bridge between engineering and data, helping to ensure CI/CD practices from engineering are followed in data and connect to new data sources
- Help to productionise data algorithms and a API interface for the data team
To be successful:
- Ability to develop and operate efficient data pipelines which are scalable and reliable
- Experience operating cloud databases. (We use Snowflake)
- Ability to deploy REST APIs, CI/CD pipelines and work in a Machine Learning Operations capacity ideally on an AWS environment
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving, the best solution may not always be the most complex.
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - We are open-minded and respectful of our colleagues
- Driven - We set personal goals, learn from our experiences and focus on development
- Agile - We manage ambiguity, making timely and effective decisions
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- You could be fully remote but when you do visit the UK hub, getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Cyber threats wait for no one and neither should you. Apply now!