Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
We're welcoming new people to the team every week to keep up with our exceptional growth.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Due to our demand and our rapid growth we're now looking for a Senior Malware & Reverse Engineering Specialist to join our content engineering team.
This isn’t an ordinary security role, we know everyone claims this and will tell you their role is super unique. But this one really is. You are constantly researching, learning, totally geeking out on all things malware and reverse engineering, and then taking that knowledge and creating practical hands-on labs to share this knowledge with our user community
As a Malware & Reverse Engineering Specialist you will develop labs, games & challenges teaching all aspects of Reverse Engineering to improve the security posture of organisations globally.
You will work closely with the wider cybersecurity and engineering teams to develop and deliver cutting edge labs focused on both Malware & Reverse Engineering.
You will be educating the world of cybersecurity professionals on everything malware and reverse engineering. You will also be mentoring junior members of our team to help them on the start of their career. Now that is a pretty cool legacy to leave behind.
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Take recent threats and understand them in a technical manner to either create a POC for them or create blogs on them
- Plan, write and improve malware & reverse engineering labs, challenges and online learning content on the Immersive Labs platform
- Produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods; practical exercises, questions & gamification
- Provide input into the product roadmap and team deliverables
- Provide guidance to junior team members through demonstrating out key values and behaviours
- Partner with the Engineering and Content teams on new projects/products and how best to deploy them
- Learn new technologies and apply to your own and teams workflow and projects
To be successful:
- Proficient in C/C++, Python at the very least and a technical understanding of Assembly language
- Understand how to use Ghidra, GDB, WinDbg and other popular reverse engineering tools.
- Technical understanding of different binary bug classes and how to locate them.
- Technical understanding of how to read source code to locate bugs and go onto produce full POCs.
- Ability to debug technical issues related to cyber security to help other teams in creating content
- Understanding of modern binary exploitation techniques and mitigations
- You are collaborative and work well alongside others - you can teach co-workers and customers, and in return you will learn new technical trades and become a resident expert within the team
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive -
- We contribute ideas to the decision making process
- Driven -
- We are unafraid to explore our curiosity
- Agile -
- We analyze our environment and consider different approaches
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons, pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Level up cyber workforces around the world, click apply to find out more.