Collaborative people that create ingenious solutions
Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK
We love a challenge and are quick to adapt
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for developing a truly ground breaking product. If you want to have a large impact and contribute more than just your time, as at Immersive Labs, we value determination, ingenuity, collaboration and an understanding that unique products require unique technical solutions.
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time.
Your main responsibilities:
You'll get to immerse yourself in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS. We want to give you a place where you'll learn from us and we'll learn from you through getting involved in the following:
- Formulate technical solutions from product requirements in collaboration with others to create a first class platform
- Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable and reliable codebase
- Maintaining good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase by performing unit tests and integration tests
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in back-end code, and devise solutions to these problems to minimise customer impact
- Translate technical language/concepts for non-technical individuals written and orally
- Be actively involved in all team ceremonies, 2-week sprints and retrospectives, working closely with product managers and other disciplines
To be successful
- Demonstrable and up-to-date knowledge with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, APIs (GraphQL or REST), and object-oriented design.
- Any experience with AWS or Kubernetes is an advantage
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system and create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of Git and familiarity with CI setups
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - we create an environment of psychological safety
- Driven - we all have the same goal, to be a must have in every company's defence against cyber attacks
- Agile - we are a scaling organisation which means things change. Constantly.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and half a day for your birthday
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.