Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
We love a challenge and are quick to adapt
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 150employees in our Bristol and Boston office and announced funding of more than $45 million. Our technology is already helping over 150 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Immersive Labs has grown quickly fueled by demand for our cyber security training platform, we are now looking for a Principal Security Engineer to join the content research team in Bristol. This is a new role which will help research and develop Red team labs on our platform
As a Principal Security Engineer, you will identify and research threats, tools and tactics from a red team perspective in order to develop and improve labs and challenges on the Immersive Labs platform in order to train cyber security professionals across the world.
Ideally, you will have a background as a Senior Or Principal pen-tester or as a cybersecurity instructor.
See what you could be building by trying out some labs here: https://community.immersivelabs.online/register
Your main responsibilities:
- To plan, write and improve cyber security red team and pentesting labs and challenges on the Immersive Labs platform
- Support various events such as Capture the Flag and Hackathons
- Produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods including; written, exercises, questions, games, practical labs
- Test cyber security labs to ensure they function as expected
- Research vulnerabilities, tools and defensive tactics and compile this research to deliver practical and theory labs to users
- Compile technical research into understandable concise content for both technical and non-technical audiences
To be successful:
- To have extensive experience in cyber security as a Leader Or Principal in a Red team or pen-testing environment.
- Have a strong technical understanding of networking, computing and cyber security
- Ability to write theory and online learning content about IT/Computing and Cyber
- Have the ability to use examples and analogies to simplify complex subjects
- Familiar with Linux, Docker and Python would be beneficial
- Ability to work well as part of a team while leading and mentoring other team members
What Immersive Labs offers:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. remote, flexible start and finish times, job share.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Everyone is remote but when you do visit the office getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/careers/
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!