Get on board with the fastest-growing cyber security company in the UK.
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, measure and benchmark the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organizations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Due to our platform's exceptional growth, we are seeking a DevOps engineer with experience within AWS to join our engineering team.
This newly created role works closely with the Platform delivery and Content teams to deliver cutting edge labs. You will play an important part in giving certainty to the platform security, stability and availability. It's an amazing opportunity to shape and feed into our technology roadmap, and help steer our platform for a new future.
Most importantly, for you, it is a fantastic career opportunity to apply the knowledge and understanding you have of cloud frameworks, and grow with us.
This is an exciting time to be part of the Immersive Labs journey, and below you can read more about the key responsibilities of the role and the skills you will need to set you up for success. If you're passionate about eliminating repetitive work, and love a bit of automation and self service then read on...
- Participate in architecting and building systems for maximum performance, reliability and scalability
- Work with the Engineering and Content teams on new projects/products
- Maintain and improve the DevOps teams ability to rapidly and safely deploy code and configuration
- Support the development teams ability to rapidly and safely deploy code and configuration
- Participate in on-call rotation, as an escalation path in the case of high priority incidents
- Ensure that our services are robust, resilient, secure, and compliant
- Exposure to working in production-critical infrastructures and Cloud environments
- Knowledge of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with Serverless technologies
- Knowledge of network, firewall and security best practices
- Exposure to and understanding of infrastructure automation and deployment, specifically Terraform and Cloudformation
- Understanding of cloud monitoring tools
- A commitment to scripting, particularly Python
What we can offer:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share
- Relocation assistance for you and your family to Bristol (voted one of the best places to live in the UK)
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/careers/
Cyber threats wait for no one and neither should you. Apply now!