Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Get supportive mentoring and onboarding to set you up for success.
Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is an opportunity to join the Experience Design team as a Midweight UX Researcher. The successful candidate will replace our existing UX Researcher as we’ve promoted her to Senior.
You’ll play a key role in our user-centred design process, researching user needs, running experiments and testing usability. You will aim to ensure that all users have an outstanding experience and positive user journey throughout their time on our platform. This role will also help ensure our research runs smoothly by taking ownership of research operations on specific studies.
Working closely with our Director of Experience Design and Reporting to a Senior UX Consultant you’ll need to possess a sound understanding of user research along with experience working in a user-centred design team.
If you are intrigued by our culture and eager to work with a team of iterative, globally-based colleagues who have varying viewpoints and you are excited about making design recommendations impacting the product, and proposing changes to improve the experience for our target audience. We will welcome your different points of view and appreciate your ideas and contributions.
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Define research tasks and draft discussion guides
- Identify new areas of interest as the session progresses and zero in on interesting behaviour.
- Assist the team with planning research, identifying objectives and defining hypotheses and experiments
- Moderate user interviews and usability tests
- Analyse usability testing prioritising issues discovered in usability testing based on prevalence and impact
- Uncover and describe users' mental models of the domain being researched
- Create and apply project specific and universal tags for research, co-creating research insights in Dovetail
- Analyse quantitative research and data and translating into meaningful insights
- Make evidence based recommendations to address usability issues
- Present research findings to Product Managers, Stakeholders, Engineers, Cyber content experts and the wider Experience Design team
- Manage the recruitment of participants from our existing customer base, liaise with our external suppliers to source non customer participants.
- Edit research videos to produce highlight reels for reports.
- Plan and facilitate UX workshops to enable collaboration and ideation within a product team
To be successful (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Commercial experience practising user research evidenced by case studies showing the outcomes of your projects where you contributed
- Experience moderating user research in a commercial setting
- Experience analysing user research in a commercial setting
- Knowledge of usability best practice
- Experience of Research Operations practices such as scheduling user research, screening participants and defining tags for analysis
- Past experience working in Junior, Associate or Midweight user research roles in a commercial setting
- A keen interest in user research
- Strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in cross-functional collaboration
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - We contribute ideas to the decision making process
- Driven - We set personal goals, learn from our experiences and focus on development
- Agile - We manage ambiguity, making timely and effective decisions
What Immersive Labs offers:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/company/careers
Level up cyber workforces around the world, select apply to find out more.