Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK.
We're welcoming new people to the team every week to keep up with our exceptional growth
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Data is literally about to become the coolest thing at Immersive Labs: it is one of the most critical parts of our Cyber Workforce Optimisation roadmap, I don’t think we can make it sound any better than that. We are rapidly growing our data team as a result and we need somebody to take a lead on how we do data engineering to support our Data Science and Data Analysis teams. This will encompass MLOps, Real time data streaming and how we store and transfer data from source systems into our Snowflake instance.
If you love a mixture of investigating new techniques, setting strategy and being really hands on in coding then this role is for you.
Your main responsibilities (we’re scaling fast, so the below will change and evolve as we grow):
- Become the technical lead for all things related to the transfer, storage and consumption of data related to modelling at Immersive.
- Help to develop the strategic roadmap for the tooling that we use in the data world.
- Lead on developing/implementing an ML OPs platform for our team of data scientists to use
- Be the bridge between engineering and data, helping to ensure CI/CD practices from engineering are followed in data
- Help to productionise data algorithms
- Work with engineering to connect to new data sources
- Build and maintain an API interface for the data team
To be successful (please make sure it’s on your CV):
- Extensive experience with developing and operating data pipelines which are highly efficient, scalable and reliable.
- Extensive experience with operating and using cloud databases. We are using Snowflake
- Experience of working with and deploying rest APIs
- Experience of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of of working in a ML ops capacity
- Experience with deploying and operating a system on AWS or other cloud platforms.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving, the best solution may not always be the most complex.
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - We are open-minded and respectful of our colleagues
- Driven - We set personal goals, learn from our experiences and focus on development
- Agile - We manage ambiguity, making timely and effective decisions
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub, getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Cyber threats wait for no one and neither should you. Apply now!