We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Data is becoming a more essential part of our strategy, and therefore we have this sparkling new role. We have a Lead Data Scientist who has become more embedded in our team (they are pretty new too), and we need someone to help him deliver all the things he is doing faster.
What's in it for you? You get to learn lots from our Lead Data Scientist, play with the latest data technology, and help shape the future of Immersive Labs. This role will help us define how we evidence customer readiness and have a key impact into our cyber workforce optimisation roadmap. So, all in all, it is a pretty exciting role.
You'll need to be based in Bristol or be able to get to the Bristol office regularly.
Your main responsibilities (we’re scaling fast, so the below will change and evolve as we grow):
Work with the Lead Data Scientist to:
- Apply your knowledge of data science to a variety of problems like content recommendations, Outlier detection and Gap Analysis
- Develop machine learning and statistical models, with applications in customer engagement, content recommendation and optimisation
- Build end-to-end data science solutions that drive business outcomes
- Deliver cutting edge predictive analytics or NLP and text mining based solutions
- Analyse large volumes of diverse data, and derive actionable insights
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to understand challenges and propose data science, machine learning and AI solutions
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities
To be successful you will have (please make sure it’s on your CV):
- An inquisitive and innovative mindset with the ability to sense commercial opportunities in our data and exploit accordingly
- PhD or postgraduate degree in numerate subject such as, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering
- Good Understanding of statistics i.e. statistical distributions, hypothesis testing
- Good Understanding of Data Mining and Feature Engineering techniques
- Good Understanding of Machine Learning Pipelines/Algorithms, particularly unsupervised/semi-unsupervised learning techniques
- Knowledge of continuous integration workflows and platforms within Data Science. Understand the importance of versioning
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- Proficient with common data science libraries/toolkits such as Pandas, SciKit-Learn, Numpy, Keras etc
- Delivery skills with the ability to work well under pressure in an Agile environment
- Experience with Data Visualisation, Analysis, Warehousing tools (we use Looker/ Stitch / DBT / Snowflake - you don’t need to know these specific ones)
- Interest and passion in Cybersecurity
- Experience building data science models for B2B SaaS platforms
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
Inclusive - We are open-minded and respectful of our colleagues
Driven - We set personal goals, learn from our experiences and focus on development
Agile - We manage ambiguity, making timely and effective decisions
What Immersive Labs offers:
We offer an extensive range of benefit including:
- Flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and half a day for your birthday
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit, getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.