We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture.
Join an agile team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Immersive Labs exists to help organisations unlock the huge latent value in human assets to reduce cyber risk. We do this by combining data science with targeted upskilling to allow organisations to take a more strategic, intelligent approach to risk.
Our Director of Human Cyber Psychology is a new role in helping us realise this vision. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who can help us understand the psychology at play in cyber defense and apply these insights to help design better products, make more relevant platform content and deliver this message to external stakeholders.
Ideally, you will be part data scientist, part psychologist and you know (or have a passion for) cyber security. From an academic background in psychology or human science, you will have learned to apply that knowledge in a commercial setting or within the military / intelligence services. A constant source of new and innovative ideas, you will be working with peers in data, product, experience design, content and engineering to ensure new features, lab types and data points are founded in scientific theory.
You will be well connected within academic circles and be able to commission new research topics and collaborate with world class institutions in support of continued innovation in the field of Human Cyber Readiness.
Ideally, you will also have experience working alongside the external communications and marketing function and will be comfortable talking at conferences and on stage in support of the company vision and goals.
Your main responsibilities:
- Build on Immersive Labs’ scientific foundations in learning science and the psychology of cyber security
- Inject psychological theory into our progressive learning environment and content experiences
- Pioneer data driven insights into the Human aspects of cyber security and risk
- Conduct research programmes for understanding the human factors of cyber security
- Work with marketing to generate demand, support Immersive’s brand and produce content to support our GTM goals. To include events, webinars, podcasts, blogs, media spokesperson activities etc
- Interface with analytics teams to ensure psychological significance of data collection
- Work in partnership with Data, Product and Content to achieve goals
- As needed, work with customer success to apply behavioural psychology in support of our wider customer offering
- As needed, apply Behavioural psychology in Marketing and Sales areas to help grow the business.
- Academic: Our ideal candidate comes from an academic background, holds qualifications such as chartered status, fellowships and/or PhDs. You will have majored in occupational and cognitive fields and/or educational theory and practice within an educational setting. You will also have a strong network of peers within academic institutions to collaborate with.
- Cyber: Ideally you will have applied your academic knowledge in a commercial cyber security setting. This could be within defence/government domains or within a more educational setting.
- Leadership: As the Director, leadership skills are as important as your academic and cyber credentials. You will need to inspire, motivate and shape wider organisation investment in support of a scientific agenda.
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - Valuing different opinions and beliefs.
- Driven -Continuously improving on who we are and what we do
- Agile - Embracing organizational challenges.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and birthday afternoon off
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!