Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK.
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We launched our cyber crisis management product in 2019. We now have a number of multinational clients successfully using the Crisis Simulator to test and prepare their crisis management teams. We take real life crises and we turn them into online tabletop/war room exercises to help build and test crisis management teams’ muscle memory, situational awareness and decision making skills in severe, plausible, cyber crises.
The Cyber Crisis Researcher is an important role to the continued development and success of the product. This role will play a key part in the research of our crisis simulation scenarios.
Your main responsibilities:
- Research, identify and report on emerging cyber, technological and geopolitical developments as they relate to security, risk and crisis management
- Produce monthly emerging cyber crisis reports to help inform our Threat Response Crisis Simulator development
- Support the SME in providing detailed research and writing support on key cyber, resilience, or crisis management themes
- Support crisis simulator content production utilising various teaching methods; written, exercises, questions & gamification
- Keep up to date with cyber crisis product market including trends, competitors, threat landscapes, and relevant legislation, and feed those into your content development ideas
To be successful:
This role requires a basic understanding of Crisis Management and a passion for researching emerging risks and trends.
- Professional experience in a qualitative and quantitative research role
- Experience in conducting open and closed source research
- Relevant academic qualification, minimum undergraduate degree - or equivalent research experience
- Demonstrable interest/rudimentary understanding of both cyber security and cyber incident/crisis management
- Passionate about the intersection between crisis and business continuity management and emerging technological, cyber, geopolitical and physical security threats and trends
- Maintains an active interest in emerging technological and geopolitical crisis and resilience issues
- Highly proficient in the development of multi-format documentation and internal and external presentations
- Ability to present work to various internal stakeholders
- Ability to verify information quickly from multiple sources
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and birthday afternoon off
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!