Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive culture.
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team building a ground-breaking product. We are looking for developers who can contribute more than just commits – we value determination, ingenuity and collaboration. Unique products require unique technical solutions.
As an Engineer at Immersive Labs you will get to grow your skills in a company that's also growing. As an enthusiastic engineer you will be able to contribute new ideas that will help improve the way we work as we scale whilst learning from our awesome Senior Engineers.
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time.
Your main responsibilities:
- Formulate technical solutions from product requirements in collaboration with others to create a first class platform
- Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable and reliable codebase
- Maintaining good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase by performing unit tests and integration tests
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in front-end code, and devise solutions to these problems to minimise customer impact
- Translate technical language/concepts for non-technical individuals written and orally
- Be actively involved in all team ceremonies, 2-week sprints and retrospectives, working closely with product managers and other disciplines
- Work closely with the back end developers, QA and wider engineering and experience design team.
To be successful:
- Knowledge of writing unit and integration tests, preferable React Testing Library, to ensure a robust platform. Experience of TDD will be an advantage
- Experience of devising quick solutions to bugs in front-end code to minimise customer impact
- Knowledge of best practice when working in a large, scalable front-end codebase
- Proficient understanding of Git and familiarity with CI setups
- Ability to interpret a design and follow through with your own implementation, suggestions, and ability to spot potential technical pain points
- High level understanding of CSS/SASS, ideally using styled-components along with semantic HTML
- Experience integrating a complex front-end codebase into a back-end API. Experience integrating with Ruby will be an advantage
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - we create an environment of psychological safety
- Driven - we all have the same goal, to be a must have in every companies defence against cyber attacks
- Agile - we are a scaling organisation which means things change. Constantly.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and birthday afternoon off
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.