Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
We strive to continuously improve on who we are and what we do.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We are looking for a Compliance and Information Security specialist to join the Risk and Security team reporting directly to the Risk and Information Security Officer. This new role is about enhancing the compliance framework across the business and developing the 2nd and 3rd line of defence. You will be working with the security compliance analysts and stakeholders across the business to ensure that we develop repeatable practices in line with our security posture and international standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to add your mark to the business, the role will evolve as we grow and the team becomes more established. You will need to be flexible at the start and willing to ‘roll your sleeves up’ as there is a little of everything to do.
Your main responsibilities:
- Experienced compliance and information security manager to provide oversight of the compliance programme across the business.
- Maintain the Compliance framework and develop the 2nd and 3rd of defence.
- Run the Policy Review Committee bringing forward suggested changes to ensure the business needs are met as well as international standards.
- Provide necessary training and guidance to teams across the business on standards, policies and best practice.
- Own reporting and evidence gathering for the Risk and Information Security Officer and senior leadership team.
- Act as the primary contact for external auditors.
To be successful:
- Experience of ISO27001 is essential
- Excellent stakeholder management ability
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- An understanding of risk management processes is preferred
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - Valuing different opinions and beliefs.
- Driven -Continuously improving on who we are and what we do
- Agile - Embracing organizational challenges.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and birthday off.
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub, getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!