Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture.
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
We love a challenge and are quick to adapt
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Due to our fast growth and international expansion we are now looking for our first Group Financial Controller at Immersive Labs, reporting to the VP of Finance and managing a small team you will be responsible for the day to day financial management of our rapidly expanding Group.
To be successful you need to be a ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with people management experience and will thrive in an ever-changing environment where processes are still being defined.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ownership of the accounting function, including oversight of accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, tax and financial accounting.
- Responsible for timely and accurate month-end close for the Group and all external reporting including group statutory accounts.
- Lead and develop the Financial Reporting team
- Support the group’s expansion into new geographies in respect of all tax and accounting requirements.
- Ownership and delivery of robust financial governance and controls framework.
- Oversight of group payroll.
- Be responsible for the cash flow management of the group, ensuring that appropriate treasury controls and working capital management is in place and adhered to.
- The primary point of contact for external auditors
- Responsibility for Netsuite, including identifying and delivering improvements to maximise our use of the system.
- Overseeing the day to day taxation affairs of the group e.g. VAT, payroll taxes.
- Working with the VP and external tax advisors for tax planning and specialist matters.
To be successful:
- Qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- An inclusive approach to People Management and the ability to lead high performing teams in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Good technical ability with exceptional financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to work under pressure switching between ‘big picture’ and ‘in the detail’ working
- Experience in a high growth, geographically diverse and entrepreneurial organisation would be an advantage as would time spent in the technology sector and in a business with a recurring revenue model.
- Familiarity with Netsuite
- Be energetic, determined, happy and prepared to face any challenge with a positive attitude.
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - Valuing different opinions and beliefs across the organisation and at our suppliers
- Driven - Continuously improving on what we do and who we are.
- Agile - embracing organisational challenges and change with a positive attitude
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and birthday afternoon off
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Power up your career with Immersive Labs. Apply now.