Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive culture.
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is a new opportunity to join the Experience Design team as an Design Prototype Developer. You’ll develop attractive, modern and easy to use prototypes for our platform. The purpose of this role is to create user-testable prototypes of new types of game labs which can be iterated on and validated through user research.
This role is quite different from the ones in our engineering team as the focus is on delivering prototypes rather than production ready code.
Working closely with our Director of Experience Design and reporting to our Lead Product Designer you’ll need to be conscientious, have a passion for interaction design and an understanding of how to collaborate with others involved in the user-centred design process. You’ll also get to know our content team of cyber security experts who bring their expertise to the creation process.
If you are intrigued by our culture and eager to work with a team of iterative, globally-based colleagues who have varying viewpoints and you are excited about making design decisions impacting the product, and proposing changes to improve the experience for our target audience. We will welcome your different points of view and appreciate your ideas and contributions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Formulate technical solutions to design concepts in collaboration with others to create an exceptional user experience
- Develop prototypes in line with the designs, paying close attention to positioning, animation and other microinteractions and flourishes
- Design, build and maintain prototypes efficiently using a salvageable codebase
- Translate technical language/concepts for non-technical individuals written and orally
- Ensure prototypes are accessible and responsive
- Work closely with the engineering team to facilitate a smooth handover to help them integrate validated concepts
To be successful:
- Proficient understanding of Git code repository
- Ability to interpret a design and follow through with your own implementation, suggestions, and ability to spot potential technical pain points
- High level understanding of CSS/SASS, ideally using styled-components along with semantic HTML
- Highly skilled in creating solutions that are suitable for a range of devices from mobiles to desktops (responsive design in particular)
- Knowledge of accessibility, specifically compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA
- An interest in developing interactive learning games underpinned by a passion for gaming
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - we create an environment of psychological safety
- Driven - we all have the same goal, to be a must have in every companies defence against cyber attacks
- Agile - we are a scaling organisation which means things change. Constantly.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and birthday afternoon off.
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.