Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive culture.
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is a new opportunity to join the Experience Design team as an Midweight Product Designer (Game Labs). This role is specifically focussed on creating interactive learning games. You’ll develop attractive, modern and easy to use design for our game-changing platform. You will aim to ensure that all users have an outstanding experience and positive user journey throughout their time on our platform.
Your designs will help to increase user engagement and further enhance users' experience of developing their cyber skills.
Working closely with our Director of Experience Design and reporting to our Lead Product designer you’ll need to possess fundamental UI and digital design skills; have a passion for interaction design and an understanding of how to collaborate with others involved in the user-centred design process.
If you are intrigued by our culture and eager to work with a team of iterative, globally-based colleagues who have varying viewpoints and you are excited about making design decisions impacting the product, and proposing changes to improve the experience for our target audience. We will welcome your different points of view and appreciate your ideas and contributions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Design gamified labs to convey complex cybersecurity concepts to non cyber literate users
- Make use of Immersive’ Design System to establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Iterate on existing ideas and identifying gaps where new design system components could be created.
- Collaborate with the Director of Experience Design, UX Consultants, Product Designers, Content Engineers, Product managers and the engineering team to create beautiful, useful and functional digital products which exceed user expectations.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to implementation
- Explore possible design solutions through low fidelity sketching and wireframing
- Articulate and justify design decisions to peers and stakeholders
To be successful:
- Examples in your portfolio of designing interactive learning games is a must
- Experience working with modern design tools, we use Figma
- Capable of exploring possible design solutions for screens within a journey, producing high fidelity concepts, collaborating closely with our UX Consultants and Design Prototype Developer
- Good understanding of current UI design practices to create an efficient & seamless user-experience
- A passion for user interface design and understanding of UX processes
- Able to take on board constructive feedback from peers and identify potential changes
- Commercial experience working as a designer
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - A true team player - share success and knows how to involve others
- Driven - Continuously improve on designs and unafraid to explore design curiosity
- Agile - Keeps up to date with the very latest in digital design practices and Is able to conceive and deliver unique design solutions to challenges
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and birthday afternoon off
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.