Collaborative people that create ingenious solutions.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture.
We strive to continuously improve on who we are and what we do.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer based either in Bristol or remotely in the UK with fortnightly visits to our Bristol HQ (when life eventually returns to normal!). You’ll be joining a QA team ensuring our web application is fully tested through manual and automated testing.
You will also take part in 10% time, which is a whole day once every 2 weeks to improve yourself and explore new tools and technologies.
Your main responsibilities:
- Investigate and design/build solutions for any potential quality weak spots on the platform/development workflow
- Contribute to the testing effort through automated testing using Cypress and TestCafe
- Perform manual and exploratory testing to ensure that work items meet the acceptance criteria you help define
- Identify when features do not meet expected behaviour and explain your observation to the team, including developers, business analysts and other QA
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies: daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review & retrospective and backlog refinement meetings
- Work with developers to help them understand quality standards
- Advocate for quality within the team or even better, across the company
- Collaborate with others to create and update the Test Strategy and other QA practices
- Working day to day as part of a mixed Agile team comprising of Developers, Product Owner and various Stakeholders
To be successful:
- Understanding of QA principles, tools and techniques including testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Good understanding of agile development practice
- Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude while under pressure, with the ability to organise and prioritise responsibilities
- Interpersonal skills and be able to work in partnership with other people.
- Experience, or awareness in some form of automation testing (we use Cypress and TestCafe)
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Experience of web based testing and a technical understanding of web design and development
What Immersive Labs offers:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share
- Relocation assistance for you and your family to Bristol (voted one of the best places to live in the UK)
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/company/careers
Level up cyber workforces around the world, click apply today!